Low wing aircraft

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Coupe 729

Low Wing Aircraft

Post by Coupe 729 »

Mike,

Your right on both of your observations. We own an Ercoupe 415-C that we purchased from a guy in Florida. It has NO heater.

Winter days in K.C. when there is no sun I seldom fly, but on any sunny day the sun warms us just fine. We do get some heat through the firewall, so our feet do well.

Summer brings bright sunshine. BUT, we are able to fly with our canopy open part way or completely if we desire.

The big issue I had was the sun's glare on my GPS. I purchased some anti-glare film that is used for laptop's and PDA's and now have no trouble.
rfane

Post by rfane »

CharlieTango wrote:funny i never asked her, erin's clothes come off at the drop of a hat, don't have to ask.

we rent this estate in maui that has a tennis court, my friends there love erin who plays in tennis shoes and socks 8)
Yeah, I noticed that she isn't the shy type!

Just make sure you have the appropriate amount of tape on the radiator to maintain an adequate level of heating. Otherwise she'll be looking like Sabrina on the flight from Page to Tonopah:

http://www.ctflyer.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=291

That was a cold day in the air, and even colder in the wind at Tonopah.
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

amazing how miserable i was, a long leg with few landing opportunities, a big headwind, too few clothes on and no tape, what a recipe for hypothermia

i had a lot of trouble getting warm once on the ground and i'm sure that was what led to me putting on too much tape. it started getting hot on take off while i was still over the runway. that's a good thing to know that if you over tape you will know it immediately.