I have plans for a new Light Sport Biplane

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

biplanemarv

I have plans for a new Light Sport Biplane

Post by biplanemarv »

If you are looking for a nice, stable, easy to fly, all wood & fabric biplane that you can build for less than 20 grand then check out my Daisy Mae. Ground handling is very stable as well. It was designed to be just a 'putt around the patch' kind of airplane. My test pilot said & I can now agree .... 'fly's easier than a Cub, but faster'. In fact she is a real pussy cat. Bigest problem are the women after you land. <grin>
http://www.daisymae-biplane.comCheck it out. Flight videos, pictures and all kinds of info.
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

marv,

nice looking design, what is the estimated build time?
biplanemarv

Post by biplanemarv »

CharlieTango wrote:marv,

nice looking design, what is the estimated build time?
Thanks Charlie ....... I really have no idea but can assure you it won't be less than 500 hours. It took me 3500 hours but I was designing as I was building so would guess it could be done in 2000 now that the plans are complete. Several parts I had to make multiple times to get them right, then this was the first full sized airplane I have ever done, so I had a large learning curve as I progressed. My main attention was in getting it right, rather than how quick I could do it. Generally I think that once you have finished the frame up, you are about half done.