LSA photos. Some odd types but fun to fly

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Cub flyer

LSA photos. Some odd types but fun to fly

Post by Cub flyer »

Here's some photos of our LSA airplanes. Probably some you've not seen before but they all fly.

Tricycle gear Piper PA-11 Soon to be online as our SP trainer

IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd26 ... nowcub.jpg[/IMG]

Current trainer. Piper J-3. Shown on skis. we rent solo on skis weather permitting.

Smith Mini getting gear overhaul

Piper Vagabond assembly line maintenance. One other still getting rebuilt in the shop.

Aeronca Defender 1941.

Fisher Avenger 1/2 VW power

My X air on wheels, floats and doing it's thing.

Image Same lake but frozen.

76N Tunkhannock PA. Skyhaven airport.
"Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away." Antoine de Saint Exupery
rsteele

Post by rsteele »

Cool pictures.
How do you like the StratoMaster?
For a homebuilder like myself the price/features are certainly attractive for the StratoMaster/Enigma EFIS's, but I've never run across many comments from users.
Cub flyer

Stratomaster

Post by Cub flyer »

I was attracted to the customizable setup, light weight and simple installation.

It works ok. I'm still getting used to digital readouts but it was not hard. The features seem to work and there are many features I am not using.

The instructions are terrible but after playing around with it a while you figure your way around.

My unit just went dark after the first month of flying. I sent it back and waited 4 months for a replacment. Said RDAC fail and shut off even though the firewall RDAC unit was ok. Connectors are like an old stereo with bare wires and set screws.

Called and called. It was coming, shipping and then they just plain said "who are you" But I kept referencing my order numbers and serial numbers and finally they agreed to send a loaner so I could check if the problem was airplane or their unit. a unit showed up after a few more weeks. No explanation or bill so I installed it.

It had paperwork saying it was a "loaner" but I never sent it back and they never questioned me. So slightly used but it worked. The only problem is the voltage reads about three volts too high. Airplane bus voltage is ok but the unit calibration is off. They said that was what the problem was and never offered how to fix it. I won't send it back unless it goes black because of the mess last time.

100 hours of flying since then and except for the voltage it seems to work.

I have the internal compass module and it seems ok. Did not try the gyro package.

I guess the sonex guys are having good luck with them.

Doing it again I would install normal round altimeter, airspeed. Dial indicate tach and oil temp/ pressure. Digital EGT/CHT/Volt/Amp/ timer.

Make sure you install two static ports to prevent needle jump with the prop pulses.

Buy a good quality instruments. Non TSO and falcon don't seem that great. Go to a scrap yard and get some cores. have them rebuilt and you will be happy. Preferred airparts has some good deals.
"Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away." Antoine de Saint Exupery
GeraldZ
Site Admin

Post by GeraldZ »

That looks like too much fun :lol: