BushCat LSA

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

tmarinshaw

BushCat LSA

Post by tmarinshaw »

So I flew the Bushcat last week and had a blast. Winds were 18 knots and I didn't even feel it which is crazy because I usually fly the P92 and I'm uncomfortable taking it up in winds much over 10 knots, once it gets to 15knots the P92 is grounded even by CIF's. I plan on renting the Bushcat all summer before deciding to buy it or not but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with BushCat's vs other cheaper Stol planes like Aerotrek A240. I've also looked at the Zenith stol ch750 but they are pretty ugly so it's hard to get excited. I believe there's over 300 Bushcats flying but only around 30 are in the US so information on them seems to be limited.
Just getting into flying and loving it
AviatorCrafty

Re: BushCat LSA

Post by AviatorCrafty »

tmarinshaw wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 pm So I flew the Bushcat last week and had a blast. Winds were 18 knots and I didn't even feel it which is crazy because I usually fly the P92 and I'm uncomfortable taking it up in winds much over 10 knots, once it gets to 15knots the P92 is grounded even by CIF's. I plan on renting the Bushcat all summer before deciding to buy it or not but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with BushCat's vs other cheaper Stol planes like Aerotrek A240. I've also looked at the Zenith stol ch750 but they are pretty ugly so it's hard to get excited. I believe there's over 300 Bushcats flying but only around 30 are in the US so information on them seems to be limited.
I don't know anything about BushCats but I've been subscribed to a youtube channel run by an owner of one https://www.youtube.com/user/AHRETRO
maybe this should give you some insight
Commercial Pilot - Glider
Sport Pilot ASEL
Remote Pilot

John 3:16
tmarinshaw

Post by tmarinshaw »

Thanks for the reply yeah I've watched BushCat Tom quite a bit lol. He's pretty quirky to a point of distraction at times but he does seem to be the only person that uploads videos about BushCats on a regular basis.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

tmarinshaw wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:08 pm Thanks for the reply yeah I've watched BushCat Tom quite a bit lol. He's pretty quirky to a point of distraction at times but he does seem to be the only person that uploads videos about BushCats on a regular basis.

This guy is flying a taildragger version and pretty regularly uploads Bushcat related videos.

https://youtu.be/p39I9h6v-cA
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
tmarinshaw

Post by tmarinshaw »

That’s a great video!.. the guy is based out of Florida too which is cool. Bushcat just opened a new dealer in Deland Florida