Deregistered... What next?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Atrosa

Deregistered... What next?

Post by Atrosa »

If a ELSA becomes "Deregistered" (over 1 year) and you are interested in buying it, what steps need to e taken to get it re-registered?
ShawnM

Re: Deregistered... What next?

Post by ShawnM »

First, I'd wanna know why is is deregistered, did the owner simply not renew the registration? Or is there an issue or lien.

If you are buying it then you simply fill out the 8050-2 (aircraft bill of sale) and use the current N number on the plane as the registration number on the bill of sale. Then when you go to register it when it's yours you can just keep the N number on the plane or use one you have reserved. Contact your local FSDO and they will walk you through it. It's a simple process.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Thanks Shawn. How's Ginger doing?
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

This should answer all of your questions.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificat ... istration/
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Atrosa wrote:Thanks Shawn. How's Ginger doing?
Ginger and I are doing well and social distancing as much as possible, thanks for asking. I'm flying her tomorrow up to North Central Florida (KOCF) for her transponder checkup at Quest Avionics.

Hope your search is going well and you are narrowing the suspects down. It's a buyers market right now so strike while you can. :mrgreen: