Zlin Shock Ultra

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

jetcat3

Zlin Shock Ultra

Post by jetcat3 »

I love STOL aircraft and recently discovered Zlin Aviation and in particular, the Shock Ultra. This is very similar to the Outback Shock but has been put on a diet. It was unveiled at the Aero show last April. Empty weights in the 750ish mark with a 914 turbo. I watched one of the touchdowns at 19 MPH. Thoughts?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... drEgUMBHq0
Warmi

Re: Zlin Shock Ultra

Post by Warmi »

I think Bill Canino has been selling these planes for a few years now but , based on the latest LSA figures report from Dan Johnson, he has not have much success with them.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
jetcat3

Post by jetcat3 »

This one is an all new model that will be brought over in the coming months. It’s basically the lighter version of the Outback Shock powered by the Titan. This has the 914 turbo. Seems like a really impressive performing airplane! I can’t imagine a 915 on the Outback Shock or even this Ultra model. Bananas!
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Depends how much they are going to sell it for I guess.
The Titan version was selling for about 180k which is close to what one has to pay for a Carbon Cub - given lack of price differential may as well go and get a locally produced and supported Cub.
At least that’s my guess on why this plane hasn’t been selling well...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
jetcat3

Post by jetcat3 »

Yeah, I think in the $150K range nicely equipped for the Shock Ultra.