Update on LSA limits from Oshkosh

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

MrMorden

Re: Update on LSA limits from Oshkosh

Post by MrMorden »

RBearden56 wrote:This is very good news for our sport. I have been flying around in my Allegro 2000 ELSA that was originally rated at 1232 lb MTOW so a little heavier airplane would suit me fine. There are so many good Cessna, Pipers, and Beech's around that would great for sport pilots and flight schools. I appreciated Andy's statement and couldn't agree more. I have had my share of bumpy windy days that challenged both me and my instructor and really they help me be a better, safer pilot. They taught us how to keep our heads, think issues through, and not take un-needed risks.

Randall Bearden
Alpharetta GA
Sport Pilot, RLSI
Hey Randall, how do you like the Allegro? I always thought from what I saw that that airplane was a bit underrated. Well built, fairly roomy, lightweight and good useful load. The only thing I don't like it it appears to have almost no baggage space.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA