RV-12iS

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

RichK

RV-12iS

Post by RichK »

Is Van's currently shipping the S-LSA version?

I might be a buyer, but the Van's website offers little information on price and availability.
Warmi

Re: RV-12iS

Post by Warmi »

I suggest contact them directly .

http://flyrv12.com/how-to-buy/
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

RichK wrote:Is Van's currently shipping the S-LSA version?

I might be a buyer, but the Van's website offers little information on price and availability.
I was at the factory last Sept. they had just stopped LSA production. I too was interested in the iS. They promised a a nes price list by Oct, then Jan and March.

Two weeks ago I received an email with pricing and phone call, as I was at the top of their list. They plan to formally announce iS production at OSH. Of course I declined, as I wound up flying and ordering a Sling 2, S-LSA. It arrived in LA from the factory in SA June 13 and I flew it home last week from CA.

Van’s IMHO dropped the ball. They took way too long to figure pricing, which basically the same as what I was told it would be last Sept. if I waited I wouldn’t see a plane until 2019.

In front of me were last two orders of the original -12, those customers changed their orders to the iS. Then Van’s needed another production proof plane and an east coast demo plane. That should have made me number 5. Way too long and after flying several S-LSA’s I felt the Sling 2 every bit as good handling wise as the iS. And I. Hold have it in 6 months.

Hope I somewhtnanswered your question. Good Luck, it’s a great plane.
RichK

Post by RichK »

Congrats on the Sling 2!

The RV12iS information is now up on the Van's website, just in time for Osh.