Quattro cruiser

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Re: Quattro cruiser

Post by drseti »

Warmi wrote:One day we should probably all get together in some neutral location with our planes and collectively decide once for all which one is the uber-LSA :D
Some of us routinely do just that at Sport Aviation Expo in Sebring every January. Don't know if that's ever changed anybody's mind, though.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
rsteele

Post by rsteele »

drseti wrote:
Warmi wrote:One day we should probably all get together in some neutral location with our planes and collectively decide once for all which one is the uber-LSA :D
Some of us routinely do just that at Sport Aviation Expo in Sebring every January. Don't know if that's ever changed anybody's mind, though.
My understanding is that Sebring, as well as Mt Vernon, are trade shows not fly ins. I've been Mt Vernon once, never Sebring.
Are the are any fly-ins dedicated Light Sport. Is seems almost an oxymoron given the speed of the planes, but a regional fly-in might be possible.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

rsteele wrote:My understanding is that Sebring, as well as Mt Vernon, are trade shows not fly ins. I've been Mt Vernon once, never Sebring.
Are the are any fly-ins dedicated Light Sport. Is seems almost an oxymoron given the speed of the planes, but a regional fly-in might be possible.
Of course it's a trade show, they all are but that doesn't mean you can't "fly-in" and meet up with other pilots from your favorite forum. :mrgreen:

At least they both are LSA shows with more emphasis on light sport. Rather than a SNF where it's ALL aircraft big and small or even an Oshkosh.

And I dont see how Page is "central" for those on the east coast. Although as pointed out the scenery looks amazing.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

MrMorden wrote:
Warmi wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. Have seen your videos and it looks like awesome way to spend a few days buzzing around some truly spectacular terrain.
Not sure if I will be ready - with only 100 hours to my name , I need some serious cross country practice before I am comfortable to go on this type of journey ( for instance your unexpected Texas MFVR diversions going back home comes to mind )
Will probably start with something simple like flying around lake Michigan in a weekend hehe..
If you can hook up with a more experienced pilot and fly a two-ship out, or both of you in your airplane, that is a very reassuring way to do a long cross country your first couple of times. It gives you another set of eyes and somebody to bounce ideas and decisions off of.
So ...anybody within 300 miles of Chicago planning to go to AZ fly-in this year ?
Oh ... one more thing ... no noobs please ... that spot is already taken ...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

Two noobs is better than one... :D
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

MrMorden wrote:Two noobs is better than one... :D

I guess ... although I have seen what a flight of 3-4 noobs ( student pilots ) does to a D class airport where, to make things worse, controllers are FAA trainees themselves ...

It is hilarious ... in a scary sort of way.
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

Warmi wrote:

I guess ... although I have seen what a flight of 3-4 noobs ( student pilots ) does to a D class airport where, to make things worse, controllers are FAA trainees themselves ...

We have lots of foreign student pilots here, we should swap stories sometime. :)
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

MrMorden wrote:
Warmi wrote:

We have lots of foreign student pilots here, we should swap stories sometime. :)
No problem .. although , it is gonna be a bit awkward for me since the above experience I mentioned comes from me being part of that group of 3-4 noobs making life miserable for everyone at that airport ...
Anyway , I have already talked to my wife and she is up for going to AZ - she have seen me fly her around multiple times by now and the fact the she is still willing is pretty encouraging.
In fact, she is starting her own private Pilot training , which is very cool, although I am having hard time deciphering if this is because she likes to fly with me and the way I am flying or maybe the other way around ....
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

Warmi wrote:I keep hearing that Sling 4 seems a bit under powered with the 914 ... I am sure it would feel much better with the new 915is - but even then , this is not the same category as Cirrus nor is it trying to be - it is definitely lighter and slower plane while the new SportCruiser Quattro seems to be aiming at the lower end of Cirrus market.
It’s also a heck of a lot cheaper... :D
jetcat3

Post by jetcat3 »

I believe there’s a fly-in that’s being organized south west of Dallas in Dublin, TX. They have Swift 94 octane fuel there and they are trying to get as many different light sports there as possible. Should be pretty cool!