Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

cam737

Re: Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Post by cam737 »

Hey 3D, it figures I find out from the SportPilotTalk forum guys it is registered! Of course, I type in 289BT and N289BT and it shows nothing...?

Yes, TT, I think it is a simple procedure. Midwest Sky Sports and TAF USA handled the paperwork...it is just annoying that the FAA can't catch all of the "errors" upon first review, vs 3 reviews and 3 letters.
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Cam[/quote]

This LSA/EAB/EE is confusing...oh, that's right, the massive federal government is involved! I'll try not to get myself started...and don't forget to file your 1040 today!!!!!!! Mine was only 53 pages this year. Yippee.

Cam[/quote][/quote]

I think this explains your frustration. Probably a topic for another forum.
Retired from flying.
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

cam737 wrote:Hey 3D, it figures I find out from the SportPilotTalk forum guys it is registered! Of course, I type in 289BT and N289BT and it shows nothing...?

Yes, TT, I think it is a simple procedure. Midwest Sky Sports and TAF USA handled the paperwork...it is just annoying that the FAA can't catch all of the "errors" upon first review, vs 3 reviews and 3 letters.
Don’t feel bad Cam. I went to the FSDO to get mt UAS certificate, they examined my paperwork, gave me the Temporary certificate then nothing. Was about to call when I got an email from the same guys you heard from. The FSDO processed the wrong form and I had to submit another and they would then send my certificate. Government, so efficient NOT!
drseti

Post by drseti »

Sling 2 Pilot wrote:Government, so efficient NOT!
In the FAA's defense (I can't believe I'm saying this!) all the FSDOs are overworked and understaffed. But, change is on the horizon. Under the new Designee Management System now being rolled out, DPEs (that's me) will be empowered to perform certain FAA administrative certification functions. This will include, for example, issuing Remote Pilot (UAS) certificates.

< commercial>Since DPEs are independent contractors, we are allowed to charge for our services. However, odds are you're more likely to get it done right if you pay one of us a modest fee, rather than having your Public Servants do it for free.</commercial>
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

FYI, me personal fee schedule for administrative certification functions is found at the bottom of the box on this page:

http://SportPilotExaminer.US/fees.htm
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
cam737

Post by cam737 »

tick tock, tick tock, .... just need my registration...please...oh, and airworthiness certificate.... and a cowling....
IMG_2930.jpeg
IMG_2930.jpeg (66 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Looking great cam737, almost there. Love the color scheme. :mrgreen:

If you look close at the registration online there are A LOT of "unknowns" and "nones" on the form. Certainly needs some attention and some updating if you ask me.

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... rtxt=289BT

When I lived in Orlando I played a regular poker game at a friends house in Celebration off Waterside Drive just around the corner from you. :D
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

That's because he doesn't have his airworthiness certificate yet.
Retired from flying.
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

ShawnM wrote:Looking great cam737, almost there. Love the color scheme. :mrgreen:

If you look close at the registration online there are A LOT of "unknowns" and "nones" on the form. Certainly needs some attention and some updating if you ask me.

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... rtxt=289BT

When I lived in Orlando I played a regular poker game at a friends house in Celebration off Waterside Drive just around the corner from you. :D
Shawn,

You have to give the FAA a few months and it should get straightened out. My Sling showed up the same way almost a month after I took delivery. I have a factory built plane. Several weeks after mine originally posted, it was updated with most of the NONE, like year of Manufacture and engine type filled in.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Sling 2 Pilot wrote:Shawn,

You have to give the FAA a few months and it should get straightened out. My Sling showed up the same way almost a month after I took delivery. I have a factory built plane. Several weeks after mine originally posted, it was updated with most of the NONE, like year of Manufacture and engine type filled in.
Oh, I agree. I know it takes them months to catch up to the piles of paperwork they have waiting. It was the same way when I changed my N number. I had my new registration in hand when I left the Orlando FSDO and it took about a month and a half before it was updated online. Same with my S-LSA to E-LSA conversion.
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Shawn, thanks!, and, it is a small aviation world! Love our street, but Irma did a number on a lot of the Elms. It appears 289BT is registered based on the FAA web site...maybe paper registration is in the mail? I will call FAA tomorrow...not holding my breath, however!
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

On a more general note ... Sling 2 planes , despite being LSAs and having the same gross limits , seems much larger ... almost like one class heavier than a typical low wing LSA.

Looking at their specs - everything seems similar ( wing spans, dimensions etc ) - but there is something about this plane to make it look more substantial.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Sling 2 MTOW 1540lbs experimental, MTOW 1320lbs (limited by LSA rules), and the Soneca 200 (Sling 2) built in Belgium is 1653lbs MTOW (750kg...maybe a beefed up airframe?).
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Daa daa! Now, the slow wheels of government paperwork turn...we await FAA DAR inspection and Airworthiness Cert before first flight.
IMG_2953.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg (59.28 KiB) Viewed 3864 times
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2954.jpeg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

As sung by The Tubes, "She's a beauty" !!

What a beautiful plane cam737, good luck with the FAA. Can I assume that you'll be keeping her (or him) at KISM?

Would love to plan a meet up to see it in person once you get it here. Maybe breakfast or lunch one day in Williston or Sebring? Or anywhere. :mrgreen: