Sling 2 Price Increase March !

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

cam737

Re: Sling 2 Price Increase March !

Post by cam737 »

FAKE NEWS. FAKE NEWS. For those interested, the information I posted starting this thread about the March 1, 2018, price increase is fake news. The info that I got came from bydanjohnson.com. I just talked to Barry at TAF USA and he confirmed that the price increase had already occurred as of last month. The TAF USA website now reflects the new pricing. Sorry about that. I am still leaning forward, but, I guess there is no rush now.
Cam
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

HAPPYDAN wrote:All this banter about the Sling 2 has me stoked. I plan to visit Carson City NV in mid March, and plan to drop in on Paul Hamilton's operation there. He advertises a Sling 2 available for training/rent, so I'll try to get a ride and see if it's really all everyone says it is. BTW, I like that sliding canopy, ala "fighter plane" style. Is it possible to fly with canopy open?
How about sling 2 skydiving ? :D
https://youtu.be/WrzU26ISgFk
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
RTK

Post by RTK »

Warmi wrote:
HAPPYDAN wrote:How about sling 2 skydiving ? :D
https://youtu.be/WrzU26ISgFk
Holy Moly! I guess that answers the question about being able to open the canopy in flight!

I couldn’t see the flaps from the camera angle, but wondering if the plane was configured for slow flight and what speed they were at when the passenger exited the plane.
cam737

Post by cam737 »

THAT, is hilarious! Too much fun. Thanks for posting. Told you so HappyDan.
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
drseti

Post by drseti »

I wonder if the pilot was also wearing a parachute. Nothing that could possibly go wrong here...
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote:I wonder if the pilot was also wearing a parachute. Nothing that could possibly go wrong here...
I know here it is required by regulation. I know someone who dumped a parachutist out of T6 once. The parachutist hit the horizontal. The airplane landed okay. The parachutist survived, but had some extensive facial damage. I think it was a lucky day for both.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Indeed very reckless but that’s why 20 year olds pay huge insurance premiums across the board :D

It does appear that was pretty slow flight - they guy who exited the plane didn’t look like he was struggling a lot ,something I would expect to see if the plane was at its cruising speed.
HAPPYDAN

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Thanks for sharing that video. Looks like a really stable airplane. I noticed the elevators were somewhat up, which would indicate to me that the pilot was in slow flight, holding a higher angle of attack to hold altitude. But hey - what do I know? I'm still a perpetual wannabee.
cam737

Post by cam737 »

foresterpoole wrote:Let me know how it goes and keep us up to date. I was looking at their Sling4 with a few partners, very affordable for a 4 place modern aircraft. If your experience is good it might help me "sell" the others...
Ok boys, I pulled the trigger! I placed my deposit with Midwest Sky Sports. I was able to get the pre-price increase on the kit purchase...so MY previous comment on FAKE NEWS was FAKE NEWS...sort of...it's hard to keep up!?!

Steve O'Connor at Midwest Sky Sports has been a complete pleasure to work with .

Cam
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Congratulations!

Keep us abreast of the build progress!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
RTK

Post by RTK »

cam737 wrote:
Ok boys, I pulled the trigger! I placed my deposit with Midwest Sky Sports.
Congrats! Looking forward to hearing the next steps in the build! Did you go with the quick build kit? Will you leverage the build facility in Oregon to help with the build?
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Standard kit. Midwest Sky Sports will get it up to quick build before I do any of my labor. Not sure what you are referencing in Oregon? RV?
Cam
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

cam737 wrote:Standard kit. Midwest Sky Sports will get it up to quick build before I do any of my labor. Not sure what you are referencing in Oregon? RV?
Cam
https://youtu.be/kZ5951N3SpM

This should make the Oregon reference clear.
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Ah, very cool! Thanks Warmi. I had not heard of the turbo build at synergy. Looks like a great option.
Cam
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
chicagorandy

Post by chicagorandy »

I can only add..... "Come on Powerball ticket!!!"

For it is time that I have and money that I lack - lol
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln