LOA Survey for EVERYONE

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

dstclair

Re: LOA Survey for EVERYONE

Post by dstclair »

TL-Ultralight (Sting and Sirius) has an Approved Equipment List that they update every 1-2 years and seems to cover new products pretty well. Two times I've wanted to upgrade to something not in the list and they have added them without fee.
dave
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

dstclair wrote:TL-Ultralight (Sting and Sirius) has an Approved Equipment List that they update every 1-2 years and seems to cover new products pretty well. Two times I've wanted to upgrade to something not in the list and they have added them without fee.
Yet another example of manufacturers WORKING with their owners to make their planes safer and lessen the workload of pilots. Not to mention bring the older legacy fleet up to date with the latest avionics.

If you want support like this from a LSA manufacturer dont buy a SportCruiser. It's non existent!

Ask me how I know and why I went E-LSA. :mrgreen:
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

ShawnM wrote:
dstclair wrote:TL-Ultralight (Sting and Sirius) has an Approved Equipment List that they update every 1-2 years and seems to cover new products pretty well. Two times I've wanted to upgrade to something not in the list and they have added them without fee.
Yet another example of manufacturers WORKING with their owners to make their planes safer and lessen the workload of pilots. Not to mention bring the older legacy fleet up to date with the latest avionics.

If you want support like this from a LSA manufacturer dont buy a SportCruiser. It's non existent!
For the that very reason, until they get their act together, I would not even consider buying a SportCruiser.
The only way to go with that airplane, new or used, is E-LSA.
Too bad, because it is a good looking ride.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:
ShawnM wrote:

For the that very reason, until they get their act together, I would not even consider buying a SportCruiser.
The only way to go with that airplane, new or used, is E-LSA.
Too bad, because it is a good looking ride.
It is a good looking plane, that's what drew me to the plane in the beginning. I love the looks and I still get complements everywhere I go with my 2007 aircraft. I've learned a lot over the years about Czech Sport Aircraft.

In my quest to gather data about LSA manufacturers supporting their customers with MRA's/LOA's, so far only ONE manufacturer doesn't offer them. Care to guess who that is? :mrgreen: