HOLY COW!!!

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

3Dreaming

Re: HOLY COW!!!

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote: Our differences are really just political.
Really, you disagree with me on subjects because of your perception of my political view? What are you basing that on? To the best of my knowledge I have never made a political statement on this or any forum.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

3Dreaming wrote:
TimTaylor wrote: Our differences are really just political.
Really, you disagree with me on subjects because of your perception of my political view? What are you basing that on? To the best of my knowledge I have never made a political statement on this or any forum.
Never mind...
Last edited by TimTaylor on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired from flying.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

TimTaylor wrote:I think that means there are two America's, so to speak. There are those who have plenty of money and want what they want and can afford it. Then, there are those who don't have a lot of discretionary income and, if they can afford to fly at all, either rent or buy used.

It seems to me, there should be a segment of the population that is somewhere between that could afford, and would want a modern air frame, low cost engine, and low cost avionics so they could buy new instead of used. I would be happy with a SkyCatcher air frame, Rotax 100 HP carbureted engine, basic round gauges, one comm radio, transponder, all for $70,000.
There are options for 70-80-90 K range out there.

http://www.aerotrek.aero/
This guys is offering decently equipped high wing with 100 HP Rotax ULS. The deal he is offering is pretty much what you just described - no options, basic round gauges etc ... in fact when I was talking to him , he wouldn't even consider upgrading PS Engineering PM 1000 to the stereo version ( let alone adding auto-pilots etc)
From what I heard his business is doing pretty well.

http://www.aeropraktusa.com/
Foxbat is another one. With Denis, you can upgrade your plane all the way to 100 K but it starts pretty low with basic options.
Again, very well made ( I think there are close to 1000 flying out there ) metal plane with 100 HP Rotax ULS.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Yes, but not what I'm talking about here.
Retired from flying.