Purchasing choices

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Re: Purchasing choices

Post by drseti »

RTK wrote:There's someone on YouTube named StingFlight that flies his Sting in Northern California and does a great job posting videos of his flights.
He is, in fact, an active member of SportPilotTalk! Perhaps he'll chime in here and introduce himself. Yes, his are great videos.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Wonderful plane :-)

A few minutes from our transition training ...
https://youtu.be/rxQcEBpWn0Q

No real issues with heat/bubble canopy - it does get a bit hot when taxing , as you guys mentioned, but once you are up , it is plenty cool.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Warmi wrote:Btw. Got an insurance quote ( via AOPA ) for a $100 k hull coverage + option for other pilots , private or better with 300 hours and 5 in make/model for $2050 per year.
Keep in mind that I am a student pilot with only 35 hours so I think it is a good deal.
It started out with almost $4000 per year heheh
This year, after getting my license and going up to 105 hours, my insurance, same terms and everything, is down to $1700...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Thanks for the update! Moving in the correct direction.
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa