Looking for next plane - is a C162 a good option

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Warmi

Re: Looking for next plane - is a C162 a good option

Post by Warmi »

We need something better ( read simpler ) than Bluetooth though.. I wouldn’t trust this for my primary EFIS, pairing issues and interference ..is just too variable.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

I'm not sure what bluetooth you are referring to. My iPad is connected to my Stratux via WIFI. For daytime, VFR there is NO issue. I think the iFly units are hard wired for autopilot connectivity. Andy might weigh in on that. He recently installed an iFly 740 in his CTSW.
Retired from flying.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

TimTaylor wrote:I'm not sure what bluetooth you are referring to. My iPad is connected to my Stratux via WIFI. For daytime, VFR there is NO issue. I think the iFly units are hard wired for autopilot connectivity. Andy might weigh in on that. He recently installed an iFly 740 in his CTSW.
Yup, I get that. Many aftermarket device that connect wirelessly are either wifi or bluetooth. I was just using the EMS module that I was referring to as an example. My GDL-39 3D is hardwired to my Aera 660 but does connect to my iPad and iPhone via bluetooth.