Looking for next plane - is a C162 a good option

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Warmi

Re: Looking for next plane - is a C162 a good option

Postby Warmi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm

We need something better ( read simpler ) than Bluetooth though.. I wouldn’t trust this for my primary EFIS, pairing issues and interference ..is just too variable.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois

TimTaylor

Postby TimTaylor » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm not sure what bluetooth you are referring to. My iPad is connected to my Stratux via WIFI. For daytime, VFR there is NO issue. I think the iFly units are hard wired for autopilot connectivity. Andy might weigh in on that. He recently installed an iFly 740 in his CTSW.
Commercial Pilot Airplane Single & Multiengine Land; Instrument Airplane; Sport Endorsement Airplane Single Engine Sea; Flight Instructor Airplane Single And Multiengine; Ground Instructor Advanced Instrument

ShawnM

Postby ShawnM » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 am

TimTaylor wrote:I'm not sure what bluetooth you are referring to. My iPad is connected to my Stratux via WIFI. For daytime, VFR there is NO issue. I think the iFly units are hard wired for autopilot connectivity. Andy might weigh in on that. He recently installed an iFly 740 in his CTSW.

Yup, I get that. Many aftermarket device that connect wirelessly are either wifi or bluetooth. I was just using the EMS module that I was referring to as an example. My GDL-39 3D is hardwired to my Aera 660 but does connect to my iPad and iPhone via bluetooth.

Return to “Light Sport Aircraft”