AT-4 vs. C -162

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

jjfjr

AT-4 vs. C -162

Post by jjfjr »

Hi;

An airport not too far way has an Aero AT-4 (formerly the Gobosh 700S) and they recently replaced their CTLS with a Skycatcher. Any ideas on the pros and cons of each?

jjfjf
joey4420

Re: AT-4 vs. C -162

Post by joey4420 »

- high wing
- Continental engine
- yoke/stick

AT4

- low wing
- Rotax engine
- stick
- split flaps

Never flown the AT4 myself, so not sure on it. But the 162 is more like a kid on coffee - bounces around a lot with very fast pitch control and not so fast aileron control. After spending the last two months in a 172 that flys more like a pickup truck (useful but slow) I hopped into the 162 this weekend and it jumped off the runway and even slight wind had me correcting.
Joey
Cincinnati OH
Sport Pilot
Double Eagle N35DE
HAPPYDAN

Re: AT-4 vs. C -162

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Please don't use the "Cessna Slam" on the C162 gull-wing doors, they are very easy to damage. Press closed, hold, lift handle. Also, during pre-flight of a rental, lift the seats forward and pick up the pocket change. Think of it as "free coffee". And you'll love the climb rate. Oh, and that lever in the middle that looks like an emergency brake on a car? It's not. But I like to think of it as kind of an "air brake" :lol: