I Really Love This Dehumidifier!

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

drdehave

I Really Love This Dehumidifier!

Post by drdehave »

Where I live in central California it is not very cold (a few light freezes per year), but it is pretty darned wet for 4-5 months each winter. My hangar often has standing water on the floor from wind-driven rain--or at the very least, major dampness. And as a result, I've always had moisture-and-corrosion-related electrical issues in my Sting Sport LSA (and Rotax 912ULS) during and after each bout of winter.

That was, until last year, when I bought and started using religiously, this little baby. It's an Air-Dry 500 (cu. ft.) #1459 by Davis Instruments (Hayward, CA), available on Amazon for about $40. They use them a lot in boats. Mine goes on the floor of my Sting every time I put the plane away. I haven't had a single electrical issue since starting to use it.

This winter is far from over, but so far I'm loving this--and wish I had bought and began using one sooner! Depending upon where you are, you may find the Air-Dry useful, too!

Cheers!--Rich
20161211_144540 (1328 x 747).jpg
20161211_144540 (1328 x 747).jpg (121.1 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
Sting Flight (Flying the Sting LSA)
http://www.youtube.com/user/9162069934/featured