"Real World" Performance

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

FastEddieB

Re: "Real World" Performance

Post by FastEddieB »

Half Fast wrote:Eddie, I don't see where that requires the private pilot to receive distinct instruction and supervised landings at each of the three.
I guess it doesn't.

We're pretty deep into the details here.

For now, go with your interpretation.

Good luck!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

The requirements for private pilot training and the sport pilot endorsement call 3 take offs and landings at an airport with an operating control tower. The airport can be in any airspace.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

eyeflygps wrote:Sometimes FAR's/CFR's seem vague or are vague. In that case you may find one CFI who is willing to simulate this training and another who wants to do it in "actual conditions." If I was still instructing, since I am in the north Georgia area, I would do the Class D at a Class D airport and give you the Class D endorsement. We would do the Class B and Class C in actual Class B and Class C airspace and they would be separate endorsements. If we were out in the boonies and there was no Class B or Class C within a reasonable distance, I would probably simulate it. I would only give you the endorsement if I was confident you were totally proficient to operate in Class B and/or Class C.
You do know that when this topic come up before after some discussion you changed your position from what you just stated.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

I will do what is required by the regulations.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

eyeflygps wrote:I would do it at a Class D tower controlled airport since I have never seen a tower controlled airport that was not Class D, at least since Class D replaced the old Control Zone.
I thought Class D replaced the old Airport Traffic Area.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]