LSA Cleaning & Detailing Products

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

MrMorden

Re: LSA Cleaning & Detailing Products

Post by MrMorden »

I've been using Turtlewax ICE products on my car lately with great results. I think I will try using the ICE spray and liquid wax products on my CT and see how they do. They are in the price range with NuFinish, but I found that product to not be as easy to remove after applying.

I will probably stick with 210 cleaner/polish for my windows, it does a really great job. BTW, I have used the 210 polish (a white liquid, more aggressive version than the cleaner) on some deeper scratches made before I bought the airplane, and they were reduced significantly.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
FastEddieB

Re: LSA Cleaning & Detailing Products

Post by FastEddieB »

I second Andy on the TurtleWax Ice products.

I use the "Detailer" for routine minor cleaning and leading edges and it works better on Plexiglas than anything else I've tried, even Pledge!

I also keep their Express Shine Carnauba spray wax on hand, and it does a good enough job considering the ease of application, which is kinda foremost for me these days.

For stubborn belly stains, Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner works well. But it warns "Not for use on painted surfaces", so getting it off quickly and completely is probably a good idea.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]