New P2008 Owner and short flight review!

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Cluemeister

Re: New P2008 Owner and short flight review!

Post by Cluemeister »

Congratulations on the first lesson! There will definitely be highs and lows, but lots more highs than lows!
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

jetcat3 wrote:
Merlinspop wrote:
jetcat3 wrote:Also, I believe all ELSA's are not held to a specific empty weight. Only max gross of 1320 or 1430.
Not correct. There is a formula that resolves to a minimum useful load requirement that one backs into a max empty weight for SLSA certification. One of data elements is the number of seats. This is why you see in the CC order form that a single seat CC can have a higher empty weight before being forced into ELSA. An ELSA only has the max gross weight requirement.
As Eddie said, I was referring to ELSA's, not SLSA's.
Yup... My staring-at-a-computer-all-day eyes misread the tiny text of my phone and away I went. Apologies!
- Bruce
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

jetcat3 wrote: .....I can’t wait until my next lesson.
That's the best part of the whole post! Congratulations to him, and to you for the encouragement.
- Bruce
jetcat3

Post by jetcat3 »

Thanks y'all! We appreciate it.