Sky Arrow Annual

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

FastEddieB

Sky Arrow Annual

Post by FastEddieB »

My Annual Condition Inspection is due by the end of the month. I usually begin it towards the very end of the month to push the renewal date forward a month each time - I have managed to move it to late April - much nicer than when I was shivering my butt off doing them in the depths of N GA winter. The entire process typically takes about 4 or 5 days, working about 4 or 5 hours at a time.

In any case, I'm going to start in a week or so, probably next Friday/Saturday. Much of the stuff is ROTAX-related, and I usually begin with a lot of that: Oil and filter change, oil filter opening and inspection, friction check, plug inspection/cleaning or, in this case, change, float bowl inspection, compression check, carb balance, that sort of thing.

If anyone in the area wants to get "educated" on any of this, feel free to come by Copperhill to observe/help.

Let me know...
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Flocker

Re: Sky Arrow Annual

Post by Flocker »

FastEddieB wrote:If anyone in the area wants to get "educated" on any of this, feel free to come by Copperhill to observe/help.

Let me know...
Having just completed my iRMT class, I'm interested. Great excuse to fly the 162 up there too.
Aviation Real Estate Broker
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Flocker wrote:
FastEddieB wrote:If anyone in the area wants to get "educated" on any of this, feel free to come by Copperhill to observe/help.

Let me know...
Having just completed my iRMT class, I'm interested. Great excuse to fly the 162 up there too.
Love to have the help/company.

Let me know what day might work out.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
drseti

Post by drseti »

I just now finished the 100 hour/Annual condition inspection on N66AV, my first SportStar (now owned by one of my graduates, and leased back to my flight school). Four days total, 21 hours inspection time (plus another 5 hours labor to replace three fuel hoses). You're right, Eddie -- annuals in April are SO much more comfortable than in December!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

I would much rather do a annual in January or February. The heat in my shop works real well, I can easily keep it above 60°F even on the coldest days. The biggest issue is balancing the carbs. The AC on the other hand works, but it still gets warm on a Summer afternoon. I hate sweating all over what I'm working on.