ELSA Service Bulletins

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Dennis

ELSA Service Bulletins

Post by Dennis »

I was surprised when I was hit with Cessna Mandatory SB12-74-01 at the last annual. When I owned my Skyhawks, I used to receive all the SBs from Cessna as well as notifications from Slick and Lycoming . Now I get nothing. I gather that if I want to get them I have to pay an inordinate subscription fee.

Comments?

Dennis Persyk N900DP Based 68IS
Flocker

Re: ELSA Service Bulletins

Post by Flocker »

Dennis wrote:I was surprised when I was hit with Cessna Mandatory SB12-74-01 at the last annual.
What did it require?
Aviation Real Estate Broker
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

Dennis wrote: I gather that if I want to get them I have to pay an inordinate subscription fee.
I believe that's manufacturer specific, so you'd have to take that up with Cessna. Cubcrafters puts their SBs out on their forum and website for all to see, for example. This sort of thing, however, is one of those hard to know about until it's too late items a perspective buyer could weigh into their purchasing decision.
- Bruce
VL Roberts

Post by VL Roberts »

That SB was issued in 2012. If you were registered as the owner with Cessna Customer Care at that time you would have received an E-Mail from Cessna for that SB.
Even though the SB originated from the producers of Slick mags Cessna forwarded the SB to Skycatcher owners that were registered with Customer Care.
VL Roberts

Post by VL Roberts »

Dennis wrote:I was surprised when I was hit with Cessna Mandatory SB12-74-01 at the last annual. When I owned my Skyhawks, I used to receive all the SBs from Cessna as well as notifications from Slick and Lycoming . Now I get nothing. I gather that if I want to get them I have to pay an inordinate subscription fee.

Comments?

Dennis Persyk N900DP Based 68IS
If you have not registered with Cessna Customer Care as the owner , do so. Once registered you then have access to all the SB's that have been issued for the C162 to include air frame, engine and accessories. All SB's to date have been paid for by Cessna, that is if the work was accomplished in a timely manner. You can compare the SB list to your maintenance records to see if there are any more surprises.

There is no charge for this and once registered you will receive via E-mail any new SB's issued.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Flocker wrote:
Dennis wrote:I was surprised when I was hit with Cessna Mandatory SB12-74-01 at the last annual.
What did it require?
Comply with mandatory Service Bulletin SB13-57-01 Fastener Edge Distance Inspection