Jabiru J250

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

MrLupin

Jabiru J250

Post by MrLupin »

I just got checked out today in a Jabiru J250. This is a great little airplane! The climb rate with two big guys 230+ lbs was right at 1300 fpm at 80 knots - only 12 gallons of fuel. The engine was much quieter than I would have expected from an 6 cylinder. Unfortunately the plane is being sold in about a week so I only have a few days to fly it. Oh well, I'll be flying a lot next week!

One thing I did not like was how small the cockpit was. I've been a few LSAs including a remos, sportstar and dova and this was easily the most cramped by far. With a smaller person sitting next to me it won't be as bad but it still is not good.
SportPilot

Re: Jabiru J250

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLupin

Re: Jabiru J250

Post by MrLupin »

SportPilot wrote:That's a great looking airplane.

Indeed! I just wish that some of the huge luggage area could be converted to cockpit width!