WAC Vision, Spirit, and Surveyor too

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

zaitcev

WAC Vision, Spirit, and Surveyor too

Post by zaitcev »

I'm curious how the things are doing at WAC. When they came to the market (around 2010), Dan Johnson was extremely bullish on them. However, they only registered some 5 Spirits since then and no Visions at all.

I saw a Vision (registered as Sentiel N68SN) demo airplane at RM LSA Expo in 2012. It looked nice. I am not sure I'm sold on folding sticks and the cowl hatches with hinged covers, but figuing out if that works is the purpose of this thread.

So, the questions are:

- If anyone has the aircraft in the WAC family, what are the impressions?

- What's up with the company and their slow sales?

They were at Oshkosh and presented their different airplane from the Spirit/Vision/Sentiel: the Surveyor. It looks like a hybrid of Challenger and AirCam. So they are still around, only hardly selling any airplanes into the U.S. market.
howardnmn

Re: WAC Vision, Spirit, and Surveyor too

Post by howardnmn »

my last s-lsa was built by eric giles. very good build quality. after sales support was very good too. the vision looks like a great bird. folding sticks are pretty cool. can't imagine why thats a turn off? i think the small volume is a reflection of slow market and fragmented sales. i would contact eric giles directly with your questions. things may have changed but with his organization since but my experience was very positive
Remos GX nXES. N999GX
smith ranch/san rafael airport (CA35)
california