MySky One / MSONE

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

AJChenMPH

MySky One / MSONE

Post by AJChenMPH »

Couldn't find any threads that talk about this one...any news? Looks like it's still more or less vaporware, but it sounded like it really had potential...not to mention their site is still alive and kicking:

www.mysky.aero
Andy / PP-ASEL
drseti

Re: MySky One / MSONE

Post by drseti »

Site is alive, but it looks not to have been updated in over a year. The address for contact is in Spruce Creek; I'll have to poke around next time I'm down there.

Their speed claims are credible, given that they went with tandem seating (thus minimizing frontal area and reducing drag).

Not sure their weight figures are believable. The engine they chose is 38 pounds heavier than the Rotax 912 ULS, yet their empty weight is claimed to be about 40 pounds less than the lighter of the composite Rotax powered aircraft. The only way to accomplish that is to make the fuselage and wings very light, which has structural implications. Still, I do wish them well...
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
AJChenMPH

Re: MySky One / MSONE

Post by AJChenMPH »

I started getting excited when I learned the Jabiru 3300 prefers 100LL over mogas, only because mogas is such a pain to get at KTTN...and I think it's a slick looking little plane.

If it ever reaches production, it'll be interesting to see what the weight will be...supposedly, that's a 10-G capable wing on that thing.

*crossing fingers*
Andy / PP-ASEL