Latest edition of Vans RV-12 Newsletter

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

c162pilot

Latest edition of Vans RV-12 Newsletter

Post by c162pilot »

Link to current edition of RV-12 newsletter, also includes a nice blog about a couple who flew their new green RV-12 from the factory in Oregon back to their home in Texas. I have forwarded the blog link to many of my pilot friends (but unfortunately some however are LSA detractors) to show them just what one of these planes can in fact accomplish.

I wonder just how many factory built RV-12's have been delivered so far. It would appear that you need to have over 22 registrations to make it on to Dan Johnson's recently published latest market share table.

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c57 ... f99140db40
http://theflyingprof.tumblr.com/

Merlinspop

Re: Latest edition of Vans RV-12 Newsletter

Post by Merlinspop »

Great blog and beautiful RV!
- Bruce
drseti

Post by drseti »

c162pilot wrote:It would appear that you need to have over 22 registrations to make it on to Dan Johnson's recently published latest market share table.
Well, not exactly. That list is only the top 20. Dig deeper into Dan's site to find the complete list.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

When I talked to Vans a couple weeks ago it was right at 22 SLSA RV12's, 300 in the field for full kits and 800 world wide, but the 800 is only tail sections as that is how they keep track. Some some of these aren't full kits. I now have about 5 RV12 SLSA that come into my shop now.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Roger, thanks for the 'nose count' via Vans re: RV-12's. It's good to occasionally get caught up on their numbers since they aren't included in the S-LSA tally DJ obtains and publicizes, yet it's a hugely popular LSA choice.

"I now have about 5 RV12 SLSA that come into my shop now."
Given there are only 22 S-LSA's produced to date, I'm guessing you actually mean those 5 RV-12's you see are a mix of E-LSA and E-AB - is that right? If so, how do you feel about the quality of construction you are seeing? And from a design standpoint, are any weak links showing up or are they proving to be pretty robust? Always good to hear some scoop from 'inside' the aviation scene.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

Hi Jack,

I actually see 5 SLSA RV12's. They don't just come from AZ. I get people with all types of SLSA from at least 6 different states. About 95% of my business is from out of town and 40% from out of state.

Vans is doing well with their RV12 SLSA and I can see they will continue.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)