Has Anyone Had Issues using Shell Auto Gas?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

snaproll

Re: Has Anyone Had Issues using Shell Auto Gas?

Post by snaproll »

dstclair wrote:
Being the curious aviator I am, I also sent samples of 100LL from the local airports to the lab – an average of 25% failed to meet specifications. Go figure
But it does usually come with performance and quality benefits moreso than most mogas.
Jack, I don't think the former statement supports your conclusion.

Seems to me Don's analysis says all fuel varies from its standard and neither 100LL or MoGas is better than the other.
Appears I need to further clarify... AVGAS failures noted were high Existent Gum, max 3.0, samples were over 3.0. AVGAS speciications are strict and cover 16 chemical areas. Any vendor selling AVGAS should have the refinery analysis (Lab report) and records of their inhouse sampling. Circle K will just give you a bill and charge for the cup of coffee.
Again, I am not opposed to runing mogas - just recommend testing for the ethanol content prior to use.
VR.. Don