IFR Tecnam

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

tadel001

IFR Tecnam

Post by tadel001 »

I just got back from flying an IFR Tecnam Sierra. The plane was equipped with duel Advanced Flight Systems, Garmin 530, Garmin 330 Transponder, Garmin SL30, Garmin 496, Trio Autopilot, and much more. WOW! It is a beautiful plane. I will be flying it to Oshkosh next week. If you are there, stop by the Tecnam booth. They will have the Twin P2006T, this IFR Tecnam Sierra, and other aircraft.
vwvectors

Post by vwvectors »

Could u please post some pics ...
Opinions are like armpits everybody has a couple & they usually stink .
EppyGA

Post by EppyGA »

I'll see you there Tim. Looking forward to getting a look at the twin. I'm interested in what kind of buzz it generates.
Randy Epstein
tadel001

Post by tadel001 »

How do you post pictures again?[/img]
slsaowner

Model ID

Post by slsaowner »

What do you use for the "aircraft type" when filing a flight plan? As far as I know, the only ones available for Tecnams are echo and golf. You'd think that by now someone would have added codes for bravo and sierra to the FAA's contractions database.
Also, I'd like to know a few things about how you fly an ILS with a Sierra.
What power setting do you use and what airspeed does that produce while flying the glide slope? What flap setting are you using?
Last edited by slsaowner on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
EppyGA

Post by EppyGA »

tadel001 wrote:How do you post pictures again?[/img]
Saw the 2006 and it was really nice. Didn't catch you but saw Helen, met Tommy and got a chance to chat with Mike and Lynn. Tecnam needs a sugar daddy like Remos has. The tent they had rivaled those of Cessna, Piper, etc. Those guys are really spending big bucks in the marketing arena.
Randy Epstein