Big Bore kit from Edge powersport

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

JJay

Re: Big Bore kit from Edge powersport

Postby JJay » Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 pm

You'll never actually be able to test Vh under defined conditions, because even if you are at 15 C and 29.92, at sea level you'll be on the water, thus the humidity will not be zero!

Just because I feel like being pedantic :wink: , at Furnace Creek in Death Valley (L06), flying at 210 ft AGL you're at sea level. I'm pretty sure 0% humidity is very common. Not too sure how easy it is to get 29.92 and 15 C, but I gotta believe it's possible.

drseti

Postby drseti » Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Actually, I thought about Death Valley. But even better is Bar Yehuda Airfield, LLMZ, between Masada and the Dead Sea (I was there a dozen years ago). At traffic pattern altitude, you're still 240 feet below sea level! It's only a 3700 foot runway, but the air is so dense that Beech Barons jump into the air. I would suggest that it's the perfect place for Vh testing - a standard atmosphere is actually possible there in early morning.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
fly@AvSport.org
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US

cam737

Postby cam737 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 am

Masada is a bucket list if you haven't done it. The Masada mini-series from 1981 is worth viewing. I need to fly the Sling 2 over Masada...I'll work on that. I think a beefed-up 912ULS would make it a better experience! Here is a pic I took in 2017(which does not do justice to what you see when you are there)
masada.jpeg
masada.jpeg (66.48 KiB) Viewed 47 times
cam737
Sling 2 Build
cam737@mac.com

swa

Return to “Light Sport Aircraft”