RANS S-7 entry /exit

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

jjfjr

RANS S-7 entry /exit

Post by jjfjr »

Hi;

In looking at the Rans S-7, it seems that you need to be a contortionist to get into and out of the front seat with the wing strut so close. Anyone with experience in this?

Thanks;

jjfjr
rsteele

Re: RANS S-7 entry /exit

Post by rsteele »

Isn't that sort of Cub derivation? A friend had one and didn't seem to have to much of an issue. I never tried it personally.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Tha bad news is that you have to be a contortionist to get into and out of nearly every LSA. The good news is, after proper training, you end up earning both your Sport Pilot and your Contortionist ratings!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

I thought that getting to the front seat of S-7 was much easier than into the front of a Cub. That said, I don't remember why I thought that. The last time I tried S-7 was in 2012.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

I never had any problems getting in and out of a J3. Of course, I was only 17 at the time.
Retired from flying.