Weight Loss

Here's the place to ask all of your medical questions. But don't believe everything you read!

Moderator: drseti

TimTaylor

Weight Loss

Post by TimTaylor »

I know that weight is one of the most important factors for those of us flying light sport aircraft. Several years ago, I lost 33 pounds in two months so I could comfortably fly the SkyCatcher with a passenger and plenty of fuel. Unfortunately, over the past few years, I have gained back all of that weight plus some.

Finally, deciding I need to do something, I have lost 8 pounds over the past two months. I am doing the routine where you eat for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours. Believe it or not, this seems to work. I don't normally get out of bed before around 11 am and drink black coffee and catch up on email, etc. I eat breakfast at noon (cereal) and then, nothing after 8 pm. For snacks, I'm eating fruit instead of junk food and my wife cooks a good balanced meal for dinner.

This seems like an easy and healthy way to lose some weight and I'm just throwing this out there because I know I'm not the only one here who is leaving fuel behind so as not to exceed 1320 pounds when flying with a passenger. My son-in-law is having good success with this same "diet."
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Re: Weight Loss

Post by 3Dreaming »

I lost 40 pounds last year to meet seat weight in a glider I wanted to do training in. Having a LSA with a good useful load will spoil you. I am getting ready to start on my next 40, and no it is not the same 40 as before.