AOPA Fed Up with Medical Reform Delays

Here's the place to ask all of your medical questions. But don't believe everything you read!

Moderator: drseti

SportPilot

Re: AOPA Fed Up with Medical Reform Delays

Post by SportPilot »

Delete...
Last edited by SportPilot on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Delete...
Last edited by SportPilot on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Let me get this straight. The opponents to the Pilot's Bill of Rights didn't want this as a rider to the highway bill, because it isn't a highway issue. But, they then try to introduce healthcare-related riders. So, healthcare is now a highway issue? I just love politics!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Delete...
Last edited by SportPilot on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Agree on 1 and 3. Undecided about 2, because it might give executive branch too much power. We also need single-issue legislation restrictions.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Delete...
Last edited by SportPilot on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drseti

Post by drseti »

You're quite fortunate to have so many different LSAs available. Sounds like you'll do fine, with or without 3rd class medical reform.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote:Let me get this straight. The opponents to the Pilot's Bill of Rights didn't want this as a rider to the highway bill, because it isn't a highway issue. But, they then try to introduce healthcare-related riders. So, healthcare is now a highway issue? I just love politics!
"Though EAA was optimistic that the Manchin-Boozman amendment was one of the best opportunities for PBOR2 to pass through the Senate, some senators began to see the Highway Bill as an opportunity to insert other, highly contentious issues having nothing to do with transportation. Due to the “must pass” nature of the Highway Bill, Senate leadership rejected almost every proposed amendment to the bill, including Manchin-Boozman."

Your take seems to be reading more into the quote than what it says. What I see is some of the amendments were going to be troublesome, so they got rid of most of the amendments. Nothing about opponents. Without looking it up I am thinking that PBOR2 and the healthcare related riders came from the same side.
designrs

Post by designrs »

SportPilot wrote:If the PBOR2 dies in Congress, I don't know what that means for the AOPA/EAA proposal currently stuck at the Department Of Transportation. I guess it would give the FAA cover to drop it also. I think I will forget about getting back in the Mooney and maximize my enjoyment of LSA. I now have access to 3 SkyCatchers and 2 Remos'. There is a CubCrafters SportCub available I want to check out in also.
There are lots of LSA options. Speaking of tailwheel, Holladay Aviation at KCRG in Jacksonville, FL has a SportCub for dual instruction. Dedicated high-time instructors with lots of tailwheel experience...
http://www.holladayaviation.com