EAA AOPA medical proposal

Here's the place to ask all of your medical questions. But don't believe everything you read!

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Re: EAA AOPA medical proposal

Post by drseti »

Gentlemen, you both make some good points. The one area in which we all agree is that we would like to see the DL medical privileges extended. So, I would respectfully request that you take the rest of this discussion offline (through either PM or direct email), so we can return to the subject at hand.

Thanks.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
MovingOn

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InformalGreeting

Post by InformalGreeting »

In your mind that comment probably wasn't over the line. Way to keep it classy.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Heck, he's allowed to think anything he wants. So are you. :wink:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
MovingOn

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

Funny the smartass mouth comment was taken exception to. I sometimes have a smartass mouth, that's not an insult. The real issue is the part about not backing it up with anything but more smartass. :wink:
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
drseti

Post by drseti »

Guys, it's now way past time to move on.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote:Guys, it's now way past time to move on.
Oh, come on. I was enjoying this. A little heat to help with the cold outside. :lol:
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

Interesting that the guy who goes for the personal attack on every post is 'making good points and allowed to think what he wants but if you advocate less govt intrusion in an action that is about less govt intrusion then its time to move on.

Paul we know you are left leaning by your own admission but you don't have to change this forum to a left leaning forum just because you can.
dstclair

Post by dstclair »

At the risk of stirring the pot....

We seem to be in agreement that HR-3708 is a good thing for aviation so I suggest each of us reach out to our Representatives and Senators and express our support. It may or may not be a good system but it's all we have :-)
dave
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

I would be pleased and consider it a small victory if this legislative action resulted in acceptance of the EAA/AOPA proposal. Even if the FAA granted it for a shortened period of time as a "study". The last decade of LSA should provide enough data, but okay, fine... let me (and a few thousand other) fly a PA28-180 for 5 years and collect another statistically significant data set. However, I do prefer that the bill doesn't put a pax or HP limit. From where I live, Mid-Atlantic beaches could be reached by air in just a couple hours, whereas driving could be (and has been) an all day torture test. Hard to make fun day trips with a family of 4 if I can only carry one pax at a time. :(
- Bruce
dstclair

Post by dstclair »

Hard to make fun day trips with a family of 4 if I can only carry one pax at a time
Depends on who's having the fun. Think of all the flying time you'll get ferrying your family 1 at a time :D
dave
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

dstclair wrote:
Hard to make fun day trips with a family of 4 if I can only carry one pax at a time
Depends on who's having the fun. Think of all the flying time you'll get ferrying your family 1 at a time :D
Don't think I didn't consider that! Take wife to beach, leaving 12 year old to watch 3 year old (a little scary), fetch the 3 year old, leaving the 12 year old alone (a lot scary), then finally make one more trip to get him. Then do an oil change and repeat the whole thing in reverse!
- Bruce
drseti

Post by drseti »

CharlieTango wrote: if you advocate less govt intrusion in an action that is about less govt intrusion then its time to move on.
I asked the gang to move on in response to both parties hijacking the thread. Although I won't deny my personal leanings, I will not take sides in a political debate on this forum, except for the side of "enough, already!" And you'll note that I said it's OK for anyone here to think what he or she wishes -- but not necessarily to say it.

There, Tom, does that melt some of the snow for you?
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

Merlinspop wrote:Take wife to beach, leaving 12 year old to watch 3 year old (a little scary), fetch the 3 year old, leaving the 12 year old alone (a lot scary), then finally make one more trip to get him.
What is this, the fox, the hen, and the corn?
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US