EAA AOPA medical proposal

Here's the place to ask all of your medical questions. But don't believe everything you read!

Moderator: drseti

MovingOn

Re: EAA AOPA medical proposal

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Surely between all the back doors, influence peddlers, lobbyists and available favors in government, we won't need to wait until Fall to hear what the FAA is recommending. Or at least that's my hope....
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
designrs

Post by designrs »

From AOPA (today) old news from July:

"FAA has now finalized a proposal for medical reform and sent it to the Department of Transportation for review. That’s where things stand right now. Once DOT’s review is complete, the proposal will go to the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for additional review as required by law.

Each of these steps takes time and there’s no avoiding it. For better or worse, that’s how our government works.

But, once OMB’s review is complete, FAA will release the proposal and solicit input from the American people during a limited-time “public comment period.” My best guess is that this will happen about 90 days from now"

Now the question is, why haven't we seen a good and credible leak as to what the proposal says? :lol:
designrs

Post by designrs »

There's been some progress with more support for the petition:

http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?p ... ost1772209
CTLSi

Post by CTLSi »

Last edited by CTLSi on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

It's a shame that thread, just like some threads here, blurs the distinctions between House & Senate bills (aka: GAPPA) on the one hand and the FAA's NPRM related to amending the Class 3 medical requirements for some flight privileges on the other.

"AOPA petition? The FAA has said nothing nor given any indication what direction they will take, if any."

In the spirit of not repeatedly correcting inaccuracies, I won't repost the AOPA video link featuring the FAA Deputy Administrator acknowledging they have written and submitted a NPRM that changes the Class 3 medical exam requirements. Nor for that matter posting the AOPA Live link covering Administrator Huerta speaking on the same subject at AOPA's Frederick fly-in. Cecil just don't wanna hear it...
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
charlesl46

Post by charlesl46 »

Bottom line. If I don't have to have a medical, I will fly more. Rarely fly now and always with another pilot or CFI.