Elimination of third class medical

Here's the place to ask all of your medical questions. But don't believe everything you read!

Moderator: drseti

Mark Gregor

Elimination of third class medical

Post by Mark Gregor »

I dont understand why this is threatening to the light sport industry. I think it may help them. At worst it would be nuetral.
People who can afford a new light sport are not going to buy a ratty old 152 to fly instead. People who want a nice plane have two choices. A new LSA or a new skyhawk for $300000. Makes that $150000 LSA look pretty good.

The pilots who cant get a third class and cant afford a new LSA are just not flying. They have no other choice unless they fly one of the cheap LSAs with questionable safety and build quality. If we remove the third class these people would fly and that would be a good thing. If your airport is like mine it has been pretty quiet for the last few years. I dont like the talk of closing our airport.

Get more pilots flying and we will sell more Planes. Both LSAs and certified. Good for pilots. Good for aviation overall.

Jake
bitten192

Post by bitten192 »

Good, logical argument. I agree.

eb
drseti

Post by drseti »

Moving this thread to the new "Medical Issues" forum.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US