I and urine the cockpit=what to do when you've 'got to go'?

Topics related to aviation provided mostly for humor and amusement purposes. Offensive or abusive posts will be deleted.

Moderator: drseti

ussyorktown

I and urine the cockpit=what to do when you've 'got to go'?

Post by ussyorktown »

**WARNING**do not read this if the discussion of normal bodily functions and their byproducts offend you***
I was over the mountains and had to pee like a race horse! What could I do!? Then I saw that empty Starbucks coffee cup from the free coffee at Aurora Aviation. With a little manuever I was able to fill it up quite nicely it went right to the rim. I put the lid back on it. Stuggled to open the side window (wind holding it shut) Slide it back and in an instant the cup and urine are GOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEE.

I tell this story to the manager of Shasta Aviation. He laughs and says, "one day this charter comes in and the pilot comes over to me holding his boot. Pilot says, 'can you empty this out and rinse it out for me?"
Manager, "wazz it?"
Pilot, "lady passenger said "we gotta go back, I gotta pee, I gotta pee.!" We can't go back so she used the boot."

I laughed and told him, "I feel young because I still hear new things every day!"
langj

Post by langj »

I do not recommend throwing trash out the window. I am pretty sure that is illegal and could be dangerous. If you go to sporty's pilot shop online they have many products to take care of this in a clean and safe way. They even have products for the ladies (much better then a boot).
ussyorktown

Post by ussyorktown »

Starbucks cups are bio-degradable. So is urine. It probably was made into a nice little cloud over the mountains.
I note that in that Alaska Fly t.v. show that planes would crash all over the place and that it was too expensive and no real reason to do anything about a crashed small plane so it would litter the remote valleys. Think of the humanity-there is OIL in those engines and the flowers and insects could be adversely affected.
Besides that, I didn't have a boot.
FAA says you can drop stuff out.
In the Navy we peeded into a funnel which contributed our moisture to the sky. Good enuf for the Navy-good enuf for me now.

Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
langj

Post by langj »

Litter is litter. The only thing not considered littering is water and feathers. Remember the FAA is not the only law creating entity that you must obey while flying you are still under the rule of federal, state, and county. Over international water that is a whole different game. My intent is not to start a battle but to use some common sense and provide suggestion that are designed for such issues.
ussyorktown

Post by ussyorktown »

I am starting to think that there is a west coast attitude about things and an east coast attitude.
You can believe what you want and I shall believe what I want.
I shall hold my opinion regarding your opinion. (and shall not search for the law over where the biodegradable paper landed).
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

Two thoughts for you, Dan...

#1: Next time, give a pass on the free coffee at the FBO. Because next time there may be more turbulence.

#2: Autopilots are a wonderful thing. They permit stable flight despite passenger turbulence.
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
ussyorktown

Post by ussyorktown »

I shan't give up on the free coffee at the FBO. (Struggling farmers in Columbia would be put out of work) Aurora Aviation usually has one or two pretty young women working there and drinking their good coffee gives me an excuse to carefully observe them and their behavior.

As for how to fly 2.5 or 3 hours without a pee break by landing; I agree that I must save the planet and not waste materials NOR throw litter out the window.
Therefore, I shall buy a large boot and pour the hot coffee into the boot. Then when the call of nature is received, I shall eliminate said coffee into the boot. I shall then take the boot to the FBO's director at my destination and have him pour it out into the proper waste management water treatment plant/disposal facility. (using the Sporty solution of peeing into bags would merely have it end up in a landfill, which will be a burden to future generations)
Then I shall use grey water to rinse out the boot for the next cross country trip of coffee and urine.
I might get a Nobel Prize like Al Gore for such recycling.
(I think it best that I buy two boots. One for heading east and one for heading west. I shall buy a boot of size ten when heading west and size 9 for hearing east. I shall keep them lined up to parallel which direction I shall be going so as to not grab the wrong boot. Imagehttp://www.famousfootwear.com/productim ... A74332.jpg
I hope this makes all parties happy.

Riverside California law states: Section 9.16.160 Dropping litter from aircraft.
No person in an aircraft shall throw out, drop or deposit within the City any litter, handbill
or any other object. (Ord. 3422 § 16, 1966)

But, as federal law and regulation overrules and trumps municipal law, I clearly am permitted to throw objects out of the window of an aircraft if it is not a hazard.

Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, and laws made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land." The text decrees these to be the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state or political subdivision such as Riverside California or municipal equivalent. (Note that the word "shall" is used, which makes it a necessity, a compulsion.)
The "supremacy clause" is the most important guarantor of national union. It assures that the Constitution and federal laws and treaties take precedence over state law and binds all judges to adhere to that principle in their courts. - United States Senate[1]
nbjeeptj

Post by nbjeeptj »

Riverside California law states: Section 9.16.160 Dropping litter from aircraft.
No person in an aircraft shall throw out, drop or deposit within the City any litter, handbill
or any other object. (Ord. 3422 § 16, 1966)
But, as federal law and regulation overrules and trumps municipal law, I clearly am permitted to throw objects out of the window of an aircraft if it is not a hazard.

I dont know how it applies to this type of law, however in my business there is a set of national guidelines (international building code), but a local city can inpose more strigent guidlines. They in no case can at a local level have a reg that is less than set forth by the national standard. Might not apply to this but I just thought it might. There have been a few occasions where I wish that the international building code was the rule, and not the overberring local inspection deparment.
tu16

Re: I and urine the cockpit=what to do when you've 'got to g

Post by tu16 »

On this topic there's a good song by "Dos Gringos" - USAF band of two real-life F-16 pilots :)

(Some strong language, adult pilots only... :) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdR53fyLck

And just for the heck of it just a good drinking song from "Dos Gringos" (same warning):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qau8Wiv7Aas