Non Union S.Carolina Dreamliner drops flame/starts grassfire

Topics related to aviation provided mostly for humor and amusement purposes. Offensive or abusive posts will be deleted.

Moderator: drseti

ussyorktown

Non Union S.Carolina Dreamliner drops flame/starts grassfire

Post by ussyorktown »

South Carolina airport shuts down after debris falls from Boeing 787

CHARLESTON, S.C. — Debris fell from a new Boeing 787 Dreamliner Saturday afternoon which caused a South Carolina airport to shut down briefly, The Post and Courier of Charleston reported.

The incident happened at Charleston International Airport when something fell from an airplane and caused a small grass fire.

The runway was closed for about an hour to put out the fire and to conduct a sweep after finding metal debris.

Before the incident was reported, a Boeing 787 was seen taxiing on the runway.

Boeing spokeswoman Candy Eslinger said the aircraft experienced an engine issue during a pre-flight runway test in North Charleston when the incident occurred.

No injuries were reported, and the National Transportation Safety Board will continue to investigate.

**Maybe Revenge of the Boeing-sucked in uppity birds and spit them out flaming.**
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

I think that some other board may be a great place to discharge unstoppable verbal vomit.
ussyorktown

Post by ussyorktown »

Oh, lighten up.
I humbly apologize if I said anything to offend you.
fredg

Post by fredg »

I said it before and it bears repeating. Sportpilottalk.com used to be a decent site for pilots of light aircraft to talk about flying and airplanes. I don't visit this site for anyone's insight into unions, politics, or a whole range of other non-flying related topics. But, that's just me.
FredG
Iowa City
ussyorktown

Post by ussyorktown »

I love unions and non-unions. I was a member of AFTRA, IBEW. I've also worked non-union. It is a CARTOON which is HUMOR which merely is kidding around.
I don't see any reason for a brittle attitude. Laugh at it and forget it. Obviously Boeing makes great airplanes. I few on one just yesterday. Row 33 on the aisle. SFO to PDX
Can you get past the stupid cartoon and maybe comment on how a new airplane could have burning stuff, metal falling onto to the runway and closing it down for an hour!
drseti

Post by drseti »

I'm moving this thread from Hangar Talk to the Humor and Mayhem forum, where it rightly belongs.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US