Aviation Humor

Topics related to aviation provided mostly for humor and amusement purposes. Offensive or abusive posts will be deleted.

Moderator: drseti

AZPilot

Aviation Humor

Post by AZPilot »

Air Traffic Control & Pilots...
Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"
Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"
A student became lost during a solo cross-country flight. While attempting to locate the aircraft on radar, ATC asked,
"What was your last known position?"
Student: "When I was number one for takeoff."
San Jose Tower: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane in Germany. Why must I speak English?"
An unknown voice from another plane (in a British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war!"
Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger. And yes, we copied Eastern. We've already notified our caterers."
One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around and taxied back past the Cherokee. Some quick-witted comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, "What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?"
The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult slide, came back with a real zinger: "I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I'll have enough parts for another one."
The air controllers at the Frankfurt Airport in Germany are renowned as a short-tempered group. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign 'Speedbird 206.'
Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206! Clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."
The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
Speedbird 206 (cooly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark. And I didn't land!"
An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going? I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there! I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!"
Continuing her rant to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It will take forever to sort this out! Stay right there and don't move until I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?"
"Yes, ma'am," the humbled US Air pilot responded.
Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit around Gatwick was definitely running high. Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, saying:
"Wasn't I married to you once?"
CFIIMEI
MarkGoolie

Post by MarkGoolie »

Very funny!!!

Thanks,
Mark
drseti

Post by drseti »

Moving this thread to the Aviation Humor forum.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
designrs

Re: Aviation Humor

Post by designrs »

Words from a Pilot.....During a commercial airline flight an experienced Air Force Pilot was seated next to a young mother with a babe in arms. When the baby began crying during the descent for landing, the mother began nursing the infant as discreetly as possible.

The pilot pretended not to notice, and, upon disembarking, he gallantly offered his assistance to help with the various baby-related items.

When the young mother expressed her gratitude, the pilot responded, "Gosh, that's a good looking baby, and he sure was hungry!"

Somewhat embarrassed, the mother explained that her pediatrician said that the time spent on the breast would help alleviate the pressure in the baby's ears.

The Air Force Pilot sadly shook his head, and in true pilot fashion exclaimed,

"And all these years, I've been chewing gum."
AJChenMPH

Post by AJChenMPH »

Heard this yesterday after I landed -- the LearJet who landed right after us either came in hot or touched down further than anticipated...

LearJet: "...come on, come on...don't roll into the EMAS..."

Tower: "Yeah, that'll otherwise be really expensive."
______

Heard about a week ago as I was doing pattern work:

Tower: "Frontier XXX, cleared to push back, taxi alpha, charlie, bravo, cross 16 at charlie."

Frontier acknowledges, and apparently because there had been a pretty lengthy delay...

Tower: "Any frozen pizza left?"

Frontier: "Sorry, all gone."

My CFI: "Hey, we wanted pizza!"

:lol:
Andy / PP-ASEL
designrs

Post by designrs »

image.jpg
image.jpg (76.46 KiB) Viewed 19881 times
Jack Tyler