CO Detector - Year-round?

This forum is for safety-related discussions. Be safe out there!

Moderator: drseti

Wm.Ince

Re: CO Detector - Year-round?

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:I should mention an error in my presentation, pointed out to me by several attendees (including two physicians). I stated that, when one is exposed to CO, blood oxygen saturation reads low on a pulse oximeter. Actually, that is exactly backwards. The infrared detector in a pulse ox responds to CO as well as O2, so measured sats will be artificially inflated. I regret the error.
Good job, Paul . . . thank you.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
fatsportpilot

Post by fatsportpilot »

drseti wrote:The video of Wednesday night's CO webinar is now available online for your viewing pleasure, at:

http://avsport.org/webinars/videos/co.mp4

I should mention an error in my presentation, pointed out to me by several attendees (including two physicians). I stated that, when one is exposed to CO, blood oxygen saturation reads low on a pulse oximeter. Actually, that is exactly backwards. The infrared detector in a pulse ox responds to CO as well as O2, so measured sats will be artificially inflated. I regret the error.

Thanks to those of you who tuned in live. You will have noticed my shameless plug for http://SportPilotTalk.com.

Safe Skies,
Paul
Do you have an errata page for your presentations?
drseti

Post by drseti »

fatsportpilot wrote: Do you have an errata page for your presentations?
No, but if folks care to submit suggestions, I'll certainly consider creating one.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US