Why we have fire fighters at our airports (amazing video)

This forum is for safety-related discussions. Be safe out there!

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Re: Why we have fire fighters at our airports (amazing video

Post by drseti »

Yes, the video is amazing - and one wonders why it took the fire engines so long to get there.

One also wonders why this thread (which is so very clearly safety-related) got posted to Hangar Talk. Yes, I can move it into Safety Corner, but frankly, I'm getting tired of having to clean up this site after everybody.

How many times do I have to remind everybody that Hangar Talk is listed as being there for topics "that do not match the other section descriptions below"? It will be much easier for me to shut down all the other forums, and move everything into Hangar Talk. I'm tempted to do so, since nobody seems to care to have threads sorted by topic anyway.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Jack Tyler

Re: Why we have fire fighters at our airports (amazing video

Post by Jack Tyler »

Paul, why not relocate Hangar Talk to the bottom of the topics queue. As everyone who wants to post must 'walk' down the list, they might find the right topic category before they 'arrive' at Hangar Talk'.

(I feel badly for you, for at least two reasons: Your time here means you actually earn even LESS than 86.5 cents/hr! And secondly, because it appears Dan is simply untrainable. <g>)

That specific suggestion aside, the way Forums (Fora?) are supposed to work is that the host/owner insures there are a mix of moderators who share in the workload, which is helpful to everyone. Speaking from a 'systems' perspective, the real problem is that you are the workhorse, others don't (and aren't allowed to, insofar as I can tell) share in the workload, and opening up the responsibility of the forum more broadly would be the real solution. (And while I'm on this riff, why are we still seeing invitations to post Q's to Mike Heit, bob Mackey and Paul Hamilton in dedicated categories when they aren't active here? Would love to have their involvement but they've been MIA for a l-o-n-g time. I suspect the reason is that it makes the forum look more marketable to an outsider, since the owner has been trying to sell it for several years...but it looks pretty silly to those of us who visit here regularly).

Second thought: Or perhaps 'Hangar Talk' itself is the problem, like the 'Other' category in the family budget. You could remove it and see what happens...
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org