Sebring Sport Expo 2015

Post your upcoming fly-ins, pancake breakfasts and other events here!

Moderator: drseti

Jack Tyler

Sebring Sport Expo 2015

Post by Jack Tyler »

Perhaps it's too early - in this muggy, hot month of August - to begin thinking about the brisk temps & winds of January - but it sure feels good to do so here in Florida. So I thought I'd start this 2015 Sebring Expo thread with an invitation. Consider saving a fair bit of money, see the show in a more relaxed fashion, and come camp under-wing with us when attending the next Expo.

Before committing to a booth again this year, we asked the Expo folks to confirm they would again place a tie-down & camping area immediately adjacent to the show grounds, essentially right in-between the main exhibit hall and the seminar hangars. And they were quick to do so. This not only means you can avoid a motel bill if you opt to join us there, but there's also the chance to relax & get acquainted around morning coffee and the evening meal times. It also eliminates the rush to arrive early, plunder all the booths, rubberneck around all the planes and other outdoor exhibits, and yet blast off early enough in the afternoon to beat the sun's early set back home. (Come to think of it, you could join us there even if you drove in...). So make a note: There's more than one way to 'do' Expo in Sebring this winter.

FYI they changed the show dates to see if a Wednesday-Saturday spread would work better for folks.
http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com/offi ... expo-2015/
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
drseti

Re: Sebring Sport Expo 2015

Post by drseti »

Jack, it's never too early to plan ahead. The campground idea is great. I'll be at Expo with my guitar and usual FAA Safety Seminar offerings (have some new material for next year), will probably stay in my usual hotel (Inn on the Lakes), but will certainly spend some time hanging out at the campground with my RAC friends. Thanks for the invite!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Do you imagine we'd have room for our travel trailer?

Probably would beat camping out at WalMart!

We just got back from a 4-day camping trip to coastal NC - first time camping at WalMart, on the way down (New Bern, NC) and on the way back (Asheville, NC).

Any port in a storm!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
drseti

Post by drseti »

Shouldn't that be "wall to wall mart," Eddie?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US