5th Annual 2011 Page, AZ. Fly-In Oct. 13-16, 2011

Post your upcoming fly-ins, pancake breakfasts and other events here!

Moderator: drseti

5th Annual 2011 Page, AZ. Fly-In Oct. 13-16, 2011

Post by Guest »

It's time to plan and mark your calendar.
Stay up to date on this Fly-In on the www.ctflier.com forum

5th Annual 2011 Page, AZ. Fly-In
Including Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, St. George, Bullfrog Marina Resort... and more!

Make those reservations now.. More people, more planes, different flight venue, bigger and better than last year!

The Page, AZ. Fly-In date is October 13-16, 2011

We will fly the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Zion Canyon and breakfast at Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Bullfrog Marina and resort. We will also be adding St. George this year for breakfast and adding new routes.

I managed to block off 45 rooms. We got a great rate of $49 same as last year. I hope to have a record number of CT's and LSA aircraft for our Page Fly-In. Just like last year make the reservations early so you don't miss out and the hotel won't hold all 45 rooms forever.

Do not wait this year. Book it now and you can cancel up to 24 hours before Oct. 13th. Get it booked and reserved, then if you have to cancel you can, but if you wait again then you may not be staying with the rest of us and at your own peril for rates and possibly a different hotel. They book darn near the whole town in October.

We have a special rate at the same place we stayed last year.
Tell them you are with the "CT Group" or Roger Lee to cross reference and the rate is $49 a night. We will arrive Thursday morning, Oct. 13th. and head home Oct. 16th. Sunday or Monday morning. Breakfast is free in the mornings.
I talked to the people at the Ranch House Grill and they will cater our evening meals again. We will have evening meals together Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Rose is our contact person.
Best Western Arizona Inn
716 Rim View Dr.
Page, Az.
800-826-2718
928-645-2466
The AZ. Inn has gone completely non-smoking!

We will fly into the Page airport - KPGA.
We are staying with Classic FBO and with our group we should get a 30 cent discount on fuel.
Classic is not the first FBO next to the runway, but the second one behind them.

The Antelope Canyon tour and the Dam tour is open if anyone wants. These are land tours.
You guys are welcome to invite other planes that are not CT's and everyone is welcome. Find some more LSA's.

I will develop GPS coordinates for all our routes and post them so you can enter them in your own GPS. I have a plan to better deal with all our planes for our flights so they are not crowded in the mornings or evenings.

Don't miss this, we always have fun.

p.s.
I would like everyone coming to shoot me an email so I can put together a roster, make name tags and set up call signs like we did last year. If you attended last year and we had your personal info then just say you are coming. If you did not come last year then I would like the email to include: N#, Names of you and co-pilot, cell phone number, city, state.
This is a big help for me to last year to organize our fly outs since we have so many planes and gives old friends and new friends a way to contact each other if need be.