Sport pilot instructor-giving tailwheel endorsements

Paul Hamilton is one of the first persons to become a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) for sport pilots. As a full-time author and sport pilot expert, he writes books and produces DVD's for Aviation Supplies and Academics (ASA). Now Paul has graciously agreed to answer your questions here. Thanks Paul! For more information about Paul, please visit www.Paul-Hamilton.com and www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com.

Moderators: drseti, Paul Hamilton

couleeone

Sport pilot instructor-giving tailwheel endorsements

Post by couleeone »

Paul, I am a recent certified sport pilot and eventually may become a sport pilot CFI.

My question is can a sport pilot CFI give a tailwheel endorsement to a private pilot? Assume you are training the private pilot in a LSA taildragger.
________
Ford Motor Company history
Last edited by couleeone on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

Yes,
A tailwheel endorsement is a tailwheel endorsement.
If it is a Sport Pilot providing the endorsent to a private pilot, it must be done in a LSA taildragger.
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites
SP4ME

tailwheel

Post by SP4ME »

Tailwheel is tailwheel? I have my SP ticket,<87>87 knot T-Wheel) Legally?
Thanks
PCP
SP4ME

tailwheel

Post by SP4ME »

Something got lost in the previous post.
My SP is < 87 k, I since have a
Tailwheel endorsement (Citabria). Are you saying that I am Legal flying my SP tailwheel without a SP tailwheel set endorsement?
PCP
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

Not quite sure what ratings you have or what your question is exactly.
It would be easiest if you just give me a call at 775 772 8232 and I can figure out your situation and post the results.
Best,
Paul
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites