Dual xcountry 2 hour requirement, how far ?

Paul Hamilton is one of the first persons to become a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) for sport pilots. As a full-time author and sport pilot expert, he writes books and produces DVD's for Aviation Supplies and Academics (ASA). Now Paul has graciously agreed to answer your questions here. Thanks Paul! For more information about Paul, please visit www.Paul-Hamilton.com and www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com.

Moderators: drseti, Paul Hamilton

FastEddieB

Re: Dual xcountry 2 hour requirement, how far ?

Post by FastEddieB »

I never asked for any proof, but I tend to be a pretty trusting soul, until proven otherwise.

I may have mentioned it before, but I happened to be at the FBO when a foreign student returned from his long solo cross country. And I watch him taxi in and he and his passenger deplane.

I was not happy, in spite of his protestation that his passenger was another student (or new private pilot - I don’t recall which) who didn’t do anything and was just an observer. Obviously unclear of the meaning of the word “solo”.

Of course, he had to make a second, real solo cross country. Reflecting back on it now, I wonder if stronger action on my part may have been warranted.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]