After the checkride ...

Paul Hamilton is one of the first persons to become a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) for sport pilots. As a full-time author and sport pilot expert, he writes books and produces DVD's for Aviation Supplies and Academics (ASA). Now Paul has graciously agreed to answer your questions here. Thanks Paul! For more information about Paul, please visit www.Paul-Hamilton.com and www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com.

Moderators: drseti, Paul Hamilton

MacPara23

After the checkride ...

Post by MacPara23 »

... you're waiting for your plastic card that replaces the Temporary Airman Certificate. I've heard that you could find the current processing date of airman certificates on the FAA website but it must buried somehow as I can't seem to find it. Anyone knows where this information is located?

Thanks!
comperini

Re: After the checkride ...

Post by comperini »

MacPara23 wrote:Anyone knows where this information is located?
http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificate ... ification/
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

Thanks!
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

Nobody else might be watching this but as I am excited to get my plastic certificate to replace that wimpy looking temporary one, I noticed that the FAA might have a time machine and is even making use of it ;-).
More than a week ago their website said they'd be processing temporary certificates issued around Feb. 22nd. The following week it said Feb. 25th. Today it says Feb,. 20th!
So they went back in time! Pretty impressive! :-D
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Which item do you click on to find out the status? I just passed on 2/25 and am looking forward to getting my actual license as well. :D
Brian Garrett
[email protected]
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

ibgarrett wrote:Which item do you click on to find out the status? I just passed on 2/25 and am looking forward to getting my actual license as well. :D
Belated congrats!
Comparini already posted the link, here it is again:http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificate ... ification/
Don't do what I did and search for a link in the menu to find something that looks like a date for certificate issuance. Just read what is written above the menu!. Looks a bit like this:
after March 31, 2010, you may not exercise privileges until you receive a new security enhanced plastic certificate. See below.

We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately February 20, 2010.
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

MacPara23 wrote:
We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately February 20, 2010.
So, now I'm really confused. For two weeks I didn't see this message change and as of today it still says 'appr. Feb. 20th'. But when I checked my mail today I found my certificate in there!!! My checkride was on March 4th.
drseti

Post by drseti »

MacPara23 wrote:when I checked my mail today I found my certificate in there!!!
Congratulations! Sometimes the system works...

Fly safely now.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

I passed mine on the 25th of Feb. I'm still waiting for mine.... patiently... very very patiently... *sigh*
Brian Garrett
[email protected]
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

ibgarrett wrote:I passed mine on the 25th of Feb. I'm still waiting for mine.... patiently... very very patiently... *sigh*
That's strange... head's up, Brian, it can't take much longer!
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

If it is more than 90 days call your examiner and have him verify everything is OK
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites