increased weight limit

Paul Hamilton is one of the first persons to become a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) for sport pilots. As a full-time author and sport pilot expert, he writes books and produces DVD's for Aviation Supplies and Academics (ASA). Now Paul has graciously agreed to answer your questions here. Thanks Paul! For more information about Paul, please visit www.Paul-Hamilton.com and www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com.

Moderators: drseti, Paul Hamilton

cfiiguy

increased weight limit

Post by cfiiguy »

i didn't know where exactly to post this, so i thought i'd try here. seems i read or heard some where that they (the feds) are looking to increase the max take off weight for light sport aircraft. does anyone know anything about this or is it just a rumor?
THANKS
Steve
CFI-I / MEI
Aerco

Post by Aerco »

I am keeping my ear to the ground regarding all the LSA stuff an I have heard nothing to substantiate such a rumor.
"Someone already thought of that."
Doss79

Post by Doss79 »

This is a topic that is of huge interest to many of us. Unfortunately, there has been no new updates. The last thing I heard was that about 1-2 years ago, EAA (or AOPA) was trying to get the FAA to increase the weight limit to 1500.
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

I do not think so but the feds do interesting things. The new rule release, supposed to be in December 2009 will tell us. I have been surprised before.
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites