SUN N FUN 2021

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

bitten192

SUN N FUN 2021

Post by bitten192 »

Anybody else going?
Ernie
CFI, LSRM-A
JJay

Re: SUN N FUN 2021

Post by JJay »

I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. For the first time in many years I won't be volunteering and can go and see whatever I want!
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

I'm going to be there Tuesday to Friday, with camping. It's my first time for either SnF or airplane camping.
Unclefish

Post by Unclefish »

We where planning on driving over for 1 day.
But I heard they where only letting in so many people. And also they only had 75% of the venders
Never been so I would still like to go as long as we are able to get in.
Is 1 day enough to see most of it ?
JimParker256

Post by JimParker256 »

If you only want to see the exhibits and the "fly market" areas, you can probably make it through the entire thing in a single day. But if you also wanted to look at all the cool airplanes individual people fly to the event, and spend time over at Paradise City (ultralight / light sport area), you would probably need two days for all that. But if you also want to attend forums, classes, etc., all bets are off!

Oh yeah... If you're really planning to see all the exhibits in a single day, don't stop to watch the airshow performers!

One more thing... If you're coming by car, allow plenty of time for arrival and departure. It's pretty well organized, but EVERYBODY who is coming that day plans to arrive early, see everything they can, then leave in time to grab a late supper somewhere... There's a lot of bottlenecking that occurs at the egress points!
Jim Parker
2007 RANS S-6ES (Rotax 912ULS)
Light Sport Repairman - Airplane - Inspection
Farmersville, TX
Unclefish

Post by Unclefish »

Thanks Jim for info.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

We’re passing this year.

With the majority of the population still not fully vaccinated, everyone please be careful. As much as I’d like to go, I’d hate to see even one attendee get Covid, much less have it turn into a super-spreader event.

But we’re all adults here capable of calculating our own risk/reward ratio.

As an aside, yesterday was 2 weeks since my second Moderna - what I see as my “Freedom Day”! Feels good, but I’m still masking up to protect others.

As a further aside, zero side effects from either shot.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

I'm hoping to get there Thursday just for the day. I get my second Pfizer shot Wednesday (in 2 days) and hope I feel up to it for a trip over on Thursday to see "what's new". I'll be the one wearing a mask. :mrgreen:
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

ShawnM wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:45 pm I'm hoping to get there Thursday just for the day. I get my second Pfizer shot Wednesday (in 2 days) and hope I feel up to it for a trip over on Thursday to see "what's new". I'll be the one wearing a mask. :mrgreen:
While you at it , a good quality thurible wouldn't hurt either ... :-)

altar-boys-1-5.jpg
altar-boys-1-5.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
designrs

Post by designrs »

Any updates from Sun N Fun?
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser
Unclefish

Post by Unclefish »

Went on Thursday. Got there at just after 8am. Walked and looked through all buildings and the different plane areas. Watched the airshow till 4:30 then we went over to where they do STOL and stayed watched that till the end.
First show I have ever gone to can't tell if it was worth it or not.
But I totally enjoyed it.
Also very easy to see just about everything in 1 day.
designrs

Post by designrs »

Live video from SunN Fun:
https://youtu.be/IaVeFwi6VJw
- Richard
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

I mostly patronized Whelen - got a beacon and a landing lighjt. I wanted the beacon for a long time and the price just goes up. The show price was better than normal Spruce price. And the landing light died on the way up there. I'm pretty sure I bought the last one of each. Unfortunately, my vacuum pump died too, so I got a Rapco pump. That one was not a better deal, just saved a little on the shipping, if anything.

The manufacturers of LSAs were out in decent numbers. The demo area at Paradise City even had an Alto. It was my first time seeing FD F2. Texas Aircraft went bananas with no less than 4 Colts present in just the booth. Very nice airplane, but it's almost as heavy as Vashon and costs $200k.
designrs

Post by designrs »

zaitcev wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:11 amThe manufacturers of LSAs were out in decent numbers.
Thank you for the update. Can you comment on the Bristell booth, if they were there?
- Richard
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

designrs wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:02 amCan you comment on the Bristell booth, if they were there?
I walked by Bristell section a few times, but I didn't stop and talk to them.

The SportCruiser was a hard no-go for me: impossible to close the canopy on my head. The Bristell might be a fraction better, but it's expensive and I didn't have the time anyway.