SUN N FUN 2021

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

ShawnM

Re: SUN N FUN 2021

Post by ShawnM »

zaitcev wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 am I walked by Bristell section a few times, but I didn't stop and talk to them.

The SportCruiser was a hard no-go for me: impossible to close the canopy on my head. The Bristell might be a fraction better, but it's expensive and I didn't have the time anyway.
Interesting, you must be crazy tall and all torso. I'm 6'-1" and more legs than torso but I have LOTS of headroom in my SportCruiser. This is me in my 2007 SportCruiser and you can see the headroom I have. I look like a little kid in there. Do you wear that 10 gallon hat while flying? :mrgreen:
IMG_7236.JPG
IMG_7236.JPG (169.28 KiB) Viewed 5505 times
designrs

Post by designrs »

ShawnM wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 am Interesting, you must be crazy tall and all torso. I'm 6'-1" and more legs than torso but I have LOTS of headroom in my SportCruiser. This is me in my 2007 SportCruiser and you can see the headroom I have. I look like a little kid in there. Do you wear that 10 gallon hat while flying?
Agreed. I’ve seen pilots 6’4” to 6’6” in the SportCruiser. The Bristell has different seats (high back with hinged backrest) but I can’t imagine it not accommodating taller pilots. I am 6’ and have flown Bristell and overall the cockpit feels larger due to redesign. No problem with headroom. The seating position is more reclined than SportCruiser, providing even more headroom.

In fact, one of the importers with team Bristell in Lancaster is well over 6’ tall.
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

zaitcev wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:11 am I mostly patronized Whelen - got a beacon and a landing lighjt. I wanted the beacon for a long time and the price just goes up. The show price was better than normal Spruce price. And the landing light died on the way up there. I'm pretty sure I bought the last one of each. Unfortunately, my vacuum pump died too, so I got a Rapco pump. That one was not a better deal, just saved a little on the shipping, if anything.

The manufacturers of LSAs were out in decent numbers. The demo area at Paradise City even had an Alto. It was my first time seeing FD F2. Texas Aircraft went bananas with no less than 4 Colts present in just the booth. Very nice airplane, but it's almost as heavy as Vashon and costs $200k.

With a few exceptions ( Aeroprakt, Bushcat ,Aerotrek) all new LSA seem to be up there at 200k or more ...

I can’t afford more than 100-120k and even spending that amount makes me feel very uneasy ... I guess we are destined to let the super rich soak the initial purchase and hopefully once they get bored and move to another toy , we can hope for more reasonable price for a still relatively new, few hundred hours plane ...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
designrs

Post by designrs »

Warmi wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:09 pmI can’t afford more than 100-120k and even spending that amount makes me feel very uneasy ... I guess we are destined to let the super rich soak the initial purchase and hopefully once they get bored and move to another toy , we can hope for more reasonable price for a still relatively new, few hundred hours plane ...
Look for something about two years old with about 200 hours on it. It’s like a brand new plane. Planes are hard to sell. Keep looking if you have cash. You’ll find a deal. Good luck!
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser