Sport Pilot Fly-In This Fall

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

MrMorden

Re: Sport Pilot Fly-In This Fall

Post by MrMorden »

I don't think I can make it, a lot going on right now. My next major flying adventure is planned to be the Tripple Tree Fly-In at SC00 on Saturday, Sept. 6.

It's only 93nm from my home airport, should be close to a bunch of you other pilots if anybody wants to come out for it. Make sure to read the arrival procedure at the website:

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/trip ... fly-in.php

This is large, major event and you have to follow their arrival and departure procedures. They have runways dots to land multiple airplanes, and there is no talking on the arrival freq, like Oshkosh. BTW the runway is 7000x400ft turf, manicured like a golf course. It's a very nice place and privately owned. You can camp there if you are staying overnight.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
MovingOn

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

MrMorden wrote:My next major flying adventure is planned to be the Tripple Tree Fly-In at SC00 on Saturday, Sept. 6.
I flew out there last year. Great strip! Let me know if you have an extra seat...
Aviation Real Estate Broker
MovingOn

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

Flocker wrote:
MrMorden wrote:My next major flying adventure is planned to be the Tripple Tree Fly-In at SC00 on Saturday, Sept. 6.
I flew out there last year. Great strip! Let me know if you have an extra seat...
Seems unlikely at this point, either the wife or another friend of mine have claim to the right seat. I'll let you know if that changes. :)
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA